Historical Page Instance

API endpoint for viewing page history.

Filter fields

You can filter the result set by providing the following query parameters:

  • name -- Filter by name, exact.
  • slug -- Filter by page slug. Supports the standard lookup types
  • region -- Filter by region. Allows for chained filtering on all of the filters available on the region resource, e.g. region__slug.

And the usual set of historical filter fields:

  • history_user - filter by the user resource of the editor, if user was logged in. Allows for chained filtering on all of the filters available on the user resource, e.g. history_user__username.
  • history_user_ip - filter by the IP address of the editor.
  • history_date - filter by history date. Supports the standard lookup types
  • history_type - filter by history type id, exact.

Ordering

You can order the result set by providing the ordering query parameter with the value of one of:

  • slug
  • history_date

You can reverse ordering by using the - sign, e.g. -slug.

GET /api/v4/pages_history/1400264/
HTTP 200 OK Vary: Accept Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Allow: GET, HEAD, OPTIONS
{ "url": "https://ja.localwiki.org/api/v4/pages_history/1400264/", "name": "St. Paul's Catholic Church", "slug": "st. paul's catholic church", "content": "<p>\n\t<span class=\"image_frame image_frame_border image_right\"><img src=\"_files/St.%20Paul's%20Catholic%20Church.jpg\" style=\"width: 600px; height: 442px;\"><span style=\"width: 600px;\" class=\"image_caption\">St. Paul's Catholic Church</span></span> <strong>Address:</strong>\u00a01640\u00a0<a href=\"New%20York%20Route%203\">New York Route 3</a>, <a href=\"Bloomingdale\">Bloomingdale</a></p>\n<p>\n\t<strong>Other names:</strong></p>\n<p>\n\t<strong>Year built:</strong> 1930-31</p>\n<p>\n\t<strong>Architect:</strong> probably <a href=\"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_T._Comes\">John T. Comes</a></p>\n<p>\n\t<strong>St. Paul's Catholic Church</strong> in Bloomingdale is very similar to the 1917 <a href=\"St.%20John%27s%20in%20the%20Wilderness%20of%20Lake%20Clear\">St. John's in the Wilderness of Lake Clear</a> and the 1923 <a href=\"Church%20of%20the%20Assumption\">Church of the Assumption</a> in <a href=\"Gabriels\">Gabriels</a>.</p>\n<p>\n\tProperty was acquired for the church on <a href=\"Union%20Street\">Union Street</a> on April 1, 1876 and the first church was built there by 1885. Land for the <a href=\"St.%20Paul's%20Cemetery\">cemetery</a> was donated on November 2, 1897.</p>\n<p>\n\t<strong>Pastors:</strong></p>\n<ul>\n\t<li>\n\t\tRev. <a href=\"Joseph%20Murtaugh\">Joseph Murtaugh</a>, c. 1920</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tRev. <a href=\"Mark%20Reilly\">Mark Reilly</a>, 2010-2012</li>\n</ul>\n<hr>\n<p style=\"text-align: center;\" class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\t<strong>ST. PAUL'S PARISH HISTORY \u2014 BLOOMINGDALE, NEW YORK</strong></p>\n<p style=\"text-align: center;\" class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\t<span class=\"image_frame image_frame_border image_right\"><img src=\"_files/St%20Paul's%20Catholic%20Church.jpg\" style=\"width: 600px; height: 378px;\"><span style=\"width: 600px;\" class=\"image_caption\">St. Paul's Catholic Church<br>\n\tCourtesy of Mark Friden</span></span>By Mary Ellen Keith</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\t<br>\n\tFather O'Donnell assumed charge of <a href=\"Gabriels\">Gabriels</a> and <a href=\"Bloomingdale\">Bloomingdale</a> parishes in May 1893. Both parishes were formerly under <a href=\"John%20J.%20Waters\">Father Waters</a> of Saranac Lake.</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\tThe old St.Paul's church was built by <a href=\"Richard%20O'Donnell\">Father O'Donnell</a> of <a href=\"Alder%20Brook\">Alder Brook</a>. It was located on the <a href=\"Skiff%20Road\">Skiff Road</a> in Bloomingdale. New York <a href=\"Jeremiah%20Parsons\">Jerry L. Parsons</a> was the contractor assisted by local men, namely, <a href=\"Henry%20Rock%2C%20Sr.\">Henry Rock, Sr.</a>, <a href=\"Henry%20Rock%20Jr.\">Henry Rock Jr.</a>, <a href=\"Milton%20Rock\">Milton Rock</a>, <a href=\"Joseph%20Gladd\">Joe Gladd</a> and <a href=\"Felix%20Gonyea\">Felix Gonyea</a>. In those days \"bees\" were held. The men worked and the women cooked and made lunch for the group. Everyone helped -- a great deal of work was accomplished and everyone had a good time.</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\tThe church was a narrow church with a choir loft. It probably measured about 20 feet by 35 feet, with seating capacity of seventy people.</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\tFather O'Donnell came from Alder Brook on horseback every two weeks to say Mass. He stayed over night at the home of Joe Gladd. Father Murtagh, assistant pastor, helped with the parish duties. There was a choir, Bob and Geraldine LaGoy were among those who sang in the choir.</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\tAfter the new St. Paul's church was built, the old church was torn down in 1933. Some of the statues and the bell from the belfry was transferred to the new building. The bell carries this inscription:</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal indent1\">\n\tI am the voice of one crying in the wilderness.<br>\n\tMake straight the way of the Lord</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\tA cemetery was located near the old church and was moved to its present location by Father Donald Gallagher who was pastor at the time. The new cemetery is located off <a href=\"New%20York%20Route%203\">Route 3</a> at the Franklin and Essex county line and was donated by Mr. &amp; Mrs. Michael Carroll.</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\tThe <a href=\"Gabriels%20Sanatorium\">Gabriels Sanatorium</a> under the direction of the <a href=\"Sisters%20of%20Mercy\">Sisters of Mercy</a> had brought an influx of people to this community. Father Dumont was appointed pastor of the two parishes, St. Paul's and<a href=\"%20Church%20of%20the%20Assumption\"> Church of the Assumption</a> in Gabriels.</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\t<a href=\"William%20Fortune\">William</a> and <a href=\"Rose%20Fortune\">Rose Fortune</a> had moved to Bloomingdale in the early thirties and purchased the former Claude Goff home located on the main Bloomingdale road. Mrs. Fortune attended Mass every day. At that time in winter, there were no plowed roads and Mr. Fortune felt badly to think that Mrs. Fortune was walking that distance everyday. Therefore, he donated enough land to build a church, a parking lot and a future rectory in later years.</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\tFather Dumont built the \"new\" church in 1931, which was modeled after the Church of the Assumption. Charles Simpson was the contractor for building.</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\tMany of the statues were transferred from the \"old\" church to the \"new\" as well as the bell previously mentioned.</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\tAfter Father Dumont retired, Father Donald Gallagher became the new pastor. The parish grew rapidly in spirit and financially. Father \"Don\" was loved by both Catholics and non-catholics alike, creating a feeling of friendship between religions.</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\tAfter Father Gallagher was inducted into the Navy during World War II, he was followed by Father Heslin, Father Skelly, Father Thompson and Father McMahon plus other priests.</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\tThe rectory was built and CDA was initiated during Father Thompson's time. Father McMahon had been the pastor of St. Paul's and the Church of the Assumption for more than twenty years, witnessing a whole generation growing up. He often baptized a child, watch them grow and then assisted at their marriage ceremony.</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\tMany changes have been made, but one will find the church filled to capacity because people wish to return to the \"plain, simple little church in Bloomingdale.\"</p>\n<hr>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\t<em>Ogdensburg Advance and St. Lawrence Weekly Democrat</em>, August 13, 1885</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\t<strong>Bishop Wadhams\u2019 Visitations.</strong></p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\tNext Wednesday, August 19, Rt. Rev. Bishop Wadhams leaves for Clinton county, where be will administer the sacrament of confirmation at the following places\u2026 On Sunday Aug, 23rd. at 10 a. m., he will dedicate St. Paul's new church at Bloomingdale and at 5 o'clock the same day, he will officiate at the blessing of the new church of St. Rose, at Union Falls and will also administer confirmation\u2026<span>\u00a0 </span>During September or October, he will administer confirmation at Brushton, St. Regis Falls, St. Clara, Trout River, Hogansburg, Fort Covington and Burke, in Franklin county.</p>\n<hr>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\t<em>Potsdam Courier and Freeman, </em>December 24, 1930</p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\t<strong>OPEN NEW CHURCH</strong></p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\">\n\tParishioners of St Paul's Catholic Church at Bloomingdale congregated Sunday morning in the new church, which is located on Saranac Avenue. The Rev. A. J. Dumont, of <a href=\"Gabriels\">Gabriels</a>, the pastor, celebrated the first mass at 10:30 o'clock.</p>\n<p>\n\t\u00a0</p>\n<p>\n\t\u00a0</p>\n<p>\n\t<strong>Source:</strong></p>\n<ul>\n\t<li>\n\t\tSally E. Svenson, <em>Adirondack Churches: A History of Design and Building</em>, Adirondack Architectural Heritage, Keeseville, New York, 2006, pp. 113-114</li>\n</ul>\n<p class=\"indent1\">\n\t<strong><a href=\"Other%20historic%20properties\">Other historic properties</a></strong></p>\n<h2>\n\tComments</h2>\n", "region": "https://ja.localwiki.org/api/v4/regions/23/", "history_comment": null, "history_date": "2021-08-15T07:34:43.770", "history_type": 1, "history_user": "https://ja.localwiki.org/api/v4/users/382/", "history_user_ip": "142.105.251.222" }