Jujo Oji remains are in the midst of a Japanese cedar forest at Jujo Pass. The name Jujo can be identified in Teika's travel journal when he made a pilgrimage to Kumano in October of 1201. At that time, the name Jujo Oji was recorded as Juten Oji, There were several houses in this area in the Edo era, and local people enshrined their local god as a Kumano oji deity. However, the shrine building was taken away because of the unification law of temples and shrines. There are no houses at Jujo Oji these days, but it is a lovely place to eat lunch.